Monday, July 27, 2009

Ahhhh....sigh....waiting is awful

Well here I am at 39 weeks and am ready to explode! It has been a rough couple weeks but the end is near and I couldn't be more excited. Last week's appointment didn't go as smooth as normal. First, being weighed they were concerned with my weight gain from the previous week(5lbs) and the weight loss from the current week (3.5lbs). Then my blood pressure was extremely elevated...all this was causing concern in my nurses faces. When my Dr. came in she was nervous about the amount of swelling I had going on...not only in my feet but also in my face and hands. She did an exam and of course, I wasn't dilated, wasn't thinning out and baby's head was down but still high up. UGH! She explained the symptoms of toxemia and drew some blood for testing. She had me schedule an appointment for this morning to see if things were any better or the same. Luckily, my BP was back at a normal range and the swelling had gone down. The blood tests came back and were good so that made us all feel a lot better. Baby's heartbeat still sounds good...like a galloping horse actually!!! The best news...I was starting to dilate..only a little but I will take anything at this point...50% effaced and hopefully I keep progressing. I have been feeling an extreme increase in pressure in my nether regions so that's also a good sign. My least favorite of the "progress" is the nausea I have been feeling since Saturday...a little price to pay I guess. I guess that's the medical update so far...I can't belive in 2 weeks time (or less), I will be a mom!

We finally took some pictures of her nursery. We have some things to still hang up on the walls, but I figure, why wait to post the pics! Here are some room shots...




















4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I was wondering how you've been. Glad that everything seems normal this week. I bet that was scary to hear last week. I hope she comes soon for you! Love her room!

Christy said...

Yay for progress! ((hugs)) I hope your baby girl makes her debut really soon. Her Nerdy Aunts want to see her! ;)
I love the nursery and the quote you put up. Very nice!

Alleigh said...

The room looks beautiful! And that's great news the swelling and your BP is back down. Hopefully, she won't keep you waiting much longer.

Mary said...

The last month is the worst, and I think it's ten times harder in summer! I was so swollen from about 35 weeks on that none of my shoes fit - luckily I could get away with flip flops! Hang in there - you don't have too much longer to go!
Oh, and the nursery looks beautiful!