Sunday, November 1, 2009

McKenna update

Well she is 12 weeks now and growing like a weed. Next Sunday she'll officially be 3 months old so we'll do her height and weight then. In the meantime....
she is doing awesome! She has perfected her perfect little smile...it's enough to melt my heart! She has also started to laugh. I've only heard it twice but I know the big 'ol belly laugh is coming soon. She also has started to roll. When I put her down at night she kicks her rolling skills in to gear...she is never in the same position when she wakes up to eat! Besides this past week she has been sleeping better...getting a good 5-6 hours straight. I think she may be going through a growth spurt though, she's been sleeping different schedules and has been a little more fussy than normal.
Last weekend was my first night away from her. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting but I still probably won't do it again anytime soon! It may be the fact that my MIL watched her and I think it's been clear on my feelings for her.
We celebrated Halloween at home but we did put McKenna in her costume for a few quick pics!







I was getting kind of nervous because she doesn't enjoy tummy time, so I worried that she wouldn't be strong enough in the neck/back when it came time for sitting up and eventually scooting/crawling. Fear not, she is getting so strong! She loves being held upright and looking around. She also is getting a little better with tummy time and even spent some time in her excersaucer. See for yourself...




I will end with some daddy/daughter time pics and a family shot.




1 comment:

Christy said...

She's so adorable.

Love the monkey costume. She makes a cute monkey! :)