Sunday, November 8, 2009

3 months old!

Where did the time go?? Little missy is 3 months old today and was in a fabulous mood all day! We didn't do anything special today, just took her pictures, filled out her baby book and hung out as a family. She is so smiley and active! She is doing so good with tummy time and (with some help) scoots herself forward on her activity mat. She is weighing in at 12lbs 6oz and is around 24 inches long (we haven't officially measured her yet).
The not-so-good, she has GER (gastro esophogeal reflux), this reflux causes her to spit up more often than normal. Since it happens so frequently, it irritates her esophogus/throat to the point she just screams...in turn making it worse. In the past week we have had 2 scares due to this. She would start with crying then it would lead to her spitting up, then choking. I have never been more scared! When I used the bulb syringe, aka the sucker, I was able to help her by sucking out this thick, mucousy phlegm. It was disgustingly thick and too hard for her to get up and out. We managed to take control of the situation and get her calmed down, talk about an emotional night for mommy. I hate seeing her cry, especially knowing its out of pain and flat out fear...poor thing was probably so scared.

Ok, enough with the not-so-good....here are her 3 month pics, taken by daddy, while mommy acted cheesy to get her to smile!













And here are some random shots I've taken recently.....and yes my kid does have ears that seem to stick out far...but she'll grow into them!!







1 comment:

Christy said...

She's such a cutie pie!
I'm so sorry to hear that she has GER. :(. That must be so scary & frustrating to see her go through that.