Monday, March 23, 2009

It's a girl!

20 Weeks!
Your pregnancy: 20 weeks
See the big picture
How your baby's growing:Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

We found out last week (at 20 weeks) that we are having a little girl! We are both thrilled. Although, I was 100% sure it was a boy, so you can imagine my shock at the ultrasound! She's measuring in at 12.5oz as of now and the due date is still August 5th! Here are some pictures of our angel....

After we left the Dr.'s office we called our families and then went shopping! Brandon was so cute...everything pink! I had to throw some other colors in the mix even though I love pink. She's got quite the wardrobe so far! I left for Michigan on Friday to go home for my best friends baby shower and while I was gone Brandon sent me a picture of the newest thing he got for our girl....her first pair of shoes! He has really shocked me, but shocked in a good way when it comes to having a daughter. The fact that he went out all on his own just to get his daughter some things was beyond cute to me! Can we say spoiled already!!!
I haven't taken a belly pic in awhile so maybe I'll do that tonight..since you've seen her from the inside, now you can see how big she's making me from the outside!!

2 comments:

Amber Hoff said...

Looking good!!!

Christy said...

Just perfect!
Brandon is too cute. :)